Conversations with Community Managers – Dave Olson (Hootsuite)
- How the traditional title of “Marketing Director” translates to online marketing, customer service and social engagement
- Turning metrics into meaning by realizing the personalities behind the community members
- Tips on community: making members feel like they belong and are contributing, and that they are being heard and acknowledged
- Stories about communities in the 1970s, enabled by “ditto machines” and other pre social media technology (the roots of Dave’s current personal projects are found at http://www.uncleweed.com/)
- An example of a company (SubPop records) that started their community building in the pre-social media era (pre-Internet, even), and evolved it into the age of Twitter
- Adding value, context and storytelling vs simply “attracting a crowd”
Download this episode.
Subscribe to this podcast series.
MUSIC CREDIT: “Bleuacide” by graphiqsgroove.
PHOTO CREDIT: kris krüg
comments powered by Disqus